Welcome! We are Lisa & Eric. Together 16 years, married 8 (gasp!). We live to travel and are at our best on the road, map in hand, making it up as we go along. In 2001, just a few years out of school, we jumped ship and explored, surfed, photographed, zip lined, and mangled Spanish across Costa Rica and Panama for 4 months. 12 years later we did it again, this time for an entire year. We rented our house, sold our cars, threw on backpacks and plunged ourselves into a year long journey that has now transformed into a lifestyle! We thrive on zooming way out – exploring new cultures, making lifelong friends and gaining the perspective you can only get from stepping outside your bubble and having your mind blown to see what presents itself when you are open to the possibilities.
Hometowns: Marin County, CA (current). Durango, CO (Eric). Fairbanks, AK (Lisa)
Latest itinerary is:
- January – March: Lake Tahoe, CA
- March-May: Bay Area, CA
- May-July: Sayulita, Mexico!
- July-Sept: Colorado + SF
- Sept – Nov: Lisbon!
- Nov- Dec: SF & Lake Tahoe, CA
- January: Thailand (Bangkok, Railay/Tonsai, Chiang Mai), Laos
- February: New Zealand, Solomon Islands (Santa Isabel Village Stay)
- March: Solomon Islands (Gizo)
- April: Australia, Cambodia
- May: Burma (Myanmar)
- June-July: Indonesia (Bali, Lombok, Gilis, and more...)
- Late July: Japan
- August 2014: SF/NYC (quick stop home)
- September: Germany, France
- October- December: Lisbon!!
- August: Burning Man!
- September: Portugal (Azores, Lisbon/Cascais)
- October :
- Nice, FR –> Embrun, FR –> Chamonix, FR –> Grindelwald/Interlaken, Switz/Scuol –> Lake Garda, IT –> Tuscany, IT On a hunt for via ferratas after catching the bug in Telluride!
- One week in Tuscany: Castellina in Chianti, IT Day trips to Florence, Pisa, Sienna.
- EU Roadtrip Part Dois:
- Barcelona for E’s bday!!
- November: Morocco (Marrakech, High Atlas –> Sahara camel trek, Fes, Essaouira, Taghazout, Agadir)
- December: Frankfurt (to meet my cousin’s new baby!!, and catch our flight), S Africa (Cape town, Port Elizabeth)
Blogs will update as I feel inspired. For a more granular peak into our day to day travels see my instagram feed.