Our good friends Jeromy and Jamaica got married in Sayulita, Mexico, YAY! Jamaica reached out asking for suggestions for their two week honeymoon in Bali in November. Instead of sending her an email, I thought I’d write a post dedicated to them.
So J-squared, this ones for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Week 1: Surf, Beaches, and Zen
Day 1: Airport –> Bingin
Arrive Denpasar, and be whisked away by private driver to the beaches of the Bukit Peninsula. Contact Ida to arrange pickup from Komang.
Because J&J are the chill yet active beach kinda people, I recommend staying at Bingin Beach. Either rent a villa or stay at the top of the hill at Temple Lodge to do it in style. Be sure to pick up a bottle of your favorite spirit in Duty Free to save some cash and have supplies, no shops on the beach.
Eat fresh grilled fish and squid under the stars at the beach BBQ on Bingin.
Day 2 – 5: Bukit Beach Bonanza
- Sleep in, soak up the sun, swim in the warm water every day.
- Rent a scooter from Mama Tom Tom and explore the neighboring beaches of Bukit.
- Buy a sarong, get a massage, eat bengbengs and drink Bingtangs.
- Play cards, smoke a Sampoerna clove cigarette.
- Have a big night out in Seminyak. Eat at La Favela, drink at Ku De Ta.
Day 5: Bingin –> Ubud
Meet Komang at the top of the hill and drive to Ubud. Check in to one of these delightful Ubud lodging options depending on the Honeymoon budget.
Relax, unwind and allow Ubud to embrace you.
Day 6-7: Zen out in Central Bali
- Eat at every one of my favorite Ubud culinary options.
- Let a monkey jump on you at the Monkey Forest, take a photo and post it to Facebook. Guaranteed 30 likes.
- Hire Ade to drive you around and see the sights of Bali. Try the cat poop coffee.
- Take yoga classes at Yoga Barn.
Week 2: Party, Snorkel and Chillax Island Style
Day 7: Ubud –> Gili T
- Get picked up by the transfer to your boat to Gili Trawangan.
- Check into your private villa near the nightlife but calm and quiet. Another option is to spend a few nights on the other very quiet side of the island after a few party nights.
- Hit the beach at Horizontal Bar, order a Shisha (Hooka), smoke it, enjoy happy hour.
- Eat the mixed seafood platter at the place next door with the fish on ice on display.
Day 8-11: Gili T, Gili Air, Gili Meno
- Book a snorkel or dive trip, swim with sea turtles.
- Rent bikes and ride around the island, stop when you see something that grabs you.
- Take a trip “to the moon” in time for sunset, shrooms are legal.
- Spend a day or a several nights on Gili Air and Gili Meno. Much quieter and gorgeous.
Alternate Day 7-11: Plan – Nusa Lembongan
- Take the boat from Senur to Nusa Lembongan. Stay at Mushroom Bay Bungalows or splurge for another pimpy beach villa.
- Get daily massages and a hair mask at least once in the hotel spa.
- Rent a scooter and explore the bridge to the other island. See the waves crash. Don’t get swept away!
- Go diving if the visibility looks good.
- Beware of the reef, it’s very much alive and gnarly.
Day 11: Gili –> Canggu
Make the trip back to Bali and get a car to Canggu, only 15 minutes from Denpasar airport.
Day 12-14: Decrompress
- Rent surfboards at Echo Beach, fall, laugh, get up again.
- Happy hour or at Old Man’s. The spinach salad with duck or the grilled chicken with slaw are fabulous.
- Rent scooters and cruise through the rice fields.
- Work out at S2S Crossfit. (this one’s for Jer)
- Eat at Suksema Sushi and Green Ginger Thai.
- Get a custom surf bikini made by at Oy Surf Apparel. (that one’s for you Jam)
Day 14: The End
Cry, you’re going home. 😦
Hope this helps make your honeymoon in Bali everything you dreamed. We love you!!
LK & EW
Have something to add?
If you have any additional ideas or suggestions for Honeymooning in Bali or something to add to the itinerary below, please leave a comment!